Community Search
SAMSOG General Discussion
Moderator(s): Ginger W. Jones
| 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
>
>|
Forum Actions

Topics   Replies Score Author Latest Post
Ethics question 0 Farris Cadle, Inc. I have an ethics issue for which I would like to hear any comments.  I have done very little surveying in many years, but have maintained my license.  From time to time people ask me to perform a survey.  I usually refer them to someone else.  Something I occasionally get is someone wanting to subdivide land in such a way that it violates the city or county subdivision regulations.  They want me to do a survey and make a plat of the land so subdivided.  Then, using the plat, they intend to draw up deeds based on the metes and bounds of the plat, execute and record the deeds, and not record the plat, thus creating the "subdivision" without recording the plat.  I refuse to get involved in such regardless, but I try to explain to them that the city or county can deny services to properties so subdivided and I explain problems that can arise for the owners of the lots in such subdivisions.  Can some of you comment on the ethics of such from the standpoint of the surveyor, and have you had experiences in which an illegal subdivision was made and the city or county took action against it?  Thanks.
by Farris Cadle, Inc.
12 hours ago
Land survey exam cancelled 0 M. Lupton I just received notification by PSI that my scheduled survey exam has been cancelled and to check back in late August for an update. The reason given was that the board had decided to suspend the exam until it is updated to reflect OCGA 43-15. I'm a tad disappointed that I didn't see this coming or I would've scheduled the exams previous to now. However, my question is whether anyone knows the timeframe for reinstating the exam process? I had hoped to be able to take the required exams all within the next month or two.
by M. Lupton
Thursday, July 12, 2018
Looking for HP Plotter 1 S. Coleman I assume that you have already solved this issue, but just in case not, there are USB to Parallel cable adapters readily available at Amazon and almost any computer supply place.
by M. Johnson
Tuesday, July 10, 2018
Legal Question 3 kris manley So does this mean that I can not perform a survey for anyone outside of my primary employer? (Assuming that there's no conflict of interest or ethics violation)
by M. Johnson
Tuesday, July 10, 2018
Records of John Elwin Knight, Newton Co Surveyor 1 S. Coleman Mr. Knight is still in business. His number is 770-464-4549.
by M. Lincoln
Friday, June 29, 2018
SAMSOG Membership 0 D. Olson   It is that time of year again.  Time to renew your membership.  Please renew by July 01, 2018. Looking forward to seeing everyone at North Charleston for the summer conference.
by D. Olson
Tuesday, June 26, 2018
"The Nutting Plat of The Tripod Property" 3 M. Lincoln No joke. That was the exact wording in the deed. Thanks for looking.
by M. Lincoln
Wednesday, June 20, 2018
New Look for the Website 2 D. Collins The new website looks great!
by K. Colburn
Saturday, June 9, 2018
Tim Perdue, RLS #2261 0 J. Green Tim Perdue passed away Wednesday morning. The link below contains the arrangements. https://www.conner-westburyfuneralhome.com/tributes/Tim-Perdue
by J. Green
Friday, June 8, 2018
Ansel Poe & Associates 0 A. Deegan Anybody have any idea what ever happened to a company called Ansel Poe & Associates. I'm looking for one of their plats dated January 16, 1963 in Ellenwood, in South DeKalb County. Thanx, Aidan
by A. Deegan
Thursday, May 10, 2018
SB 425 2 S. Coleman It was signed yesterday. There is a link on the homepage.
by D. Collins
Tuesday, May 8, 2018
Louis Jackson Theft of Services 1 A. Garmon Agreed. We are a small enough community to want to help each other. Thanks for sharing.
by J. Stanley
Tuesday, May 8, 2018
Jinx Gaskins (Swinson A. Gaskins At RLS 1620) 90th birthday party 0 P. Sanchez Jinx Gaskins (Swinson A. Gaskins At RLS 1620) 90th birthday party April 28th 2:00 pm. 220 Midville Road Brooks Georgia.Live music with Jinx's Classic country music with Jinx as lead vocalist.Come hungry, plenty to eat.
by P. Sanchez
Monday, April 16, 2018
Lum Hall 2 M. Lincoln Thanks Mike. I'll email the details.
by M. Lincoln
Monday, April 9, 2018
"The Judicial Functions of Surveyors" 5 M. Lincoln Mark, Thank you for reminding me to re-re-re read this. We all need to read this and Riley vs. Griffin every few years.
by M. Davis
Friday, April 6, 2018
Recording plats prepared before 5-8-17 2 S. Coleman Thank you Lord for common sense! And thank you for looking out for us.
by S. Coleman
Wednesday, April 4, 2018
SB 425 1 S. Coleman passed the Senate last night, now headed to Governor Deal for signature. If signed, effective date is July 1, 2018 with a 2 year grandfathering option for the current requirements for those in that pipeline.
by M. Chastain
Friday, March 30, 2018
HB833 0 J. Stanley I was very disappointed to find out the GIS Community has been able to throw out the "tweaked" definition of land surveying according to the most recent SAMSOG email update.  How does an unlicensed community have the power to change a bill that is intended for the "licensed" people in the State of Georgia?  I am baffled.  Any comments or updates regarding the new bill would be appreciated.  So..... now what do we do?
by J. Stanley
Thursday, February 15, 2018
2018 SUmmer Conference 2 C. Adams Thank you sir!
by C. Adams
Friday, January 26, 2018
Fundraiser - Georgia Southern University 0 D. Collins At the May 20, 2017 SAMSOG Board of Directors meeting, Dr. Roger Purcell presented a plan to implement a Land Surveying program at Georgia Southern University which included a $75,000 investment over a 3 year period (2017 thru 2019) by SAMSOG.   The investment was approved by the SAMSOG Board and on November 2, 2017, the first installment of $25,000 was presented to GSU. Finding qualified individuals to work in the Land Survey profession is a challenge facing most of us and if you have not struggled yet, you likely will in the near future.  With your help, SAMSOG has the opportunity to affect real change in the Land Survey Profession.  By investing in the education of students, we can assist in the production of the qualified individuals we seek.  Please consider donating what you can either individually or corporately so we can reach our next $25,000 commitment.  No donation is too small and remember as corny as it sounds “TEAMWORK MAKES THE DREAM WORK” and together we can make this happen. If you are ready to except the challenge and improve the Surveying Profession, simply complete the tear off portion below and give it to any SAMSOG Officer or Ginger Jones.  All donations will be collected through SAMSEF.  Simply make your check payable to SAMSEF and on the memo line include - GSU donation. SAMSEF is a 501c(3) corporation therefore all donations are tax deductible. Thank you for your help! Dan Collins President - SAMSOG YES, I want to pledge my support of the Land Surveying Profession by donating to Georgia Southern University. Name:_________________________________  Company: ___________________________ Address: ___________________________________________________________________ Email: ___________________________________Phone:_____________________________ Amount $____________ Checks made payable to SAMSEF. Your contribution is tax-deductible (ID 46-4482223) to the extent allowed by law.  All donations are final and may not be refunded. 
by D. Collins
Wednesday, January 24, 2018
more Calendar

7/19/2018 » 7/21/2018
2018 ANNUAL MEETING & SUMMER CONVENTION

1/17/2019 » 1/18/2019
2019 Technical Seminar

Contact Us

SAMSOG
P.O. Box 778
Douglasville, GA30133-0778

TEL77-947-1767