SAMSOG General Discussion
Moderator(s): Ginger W. Jones
| 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
>
>>
>|
Forum Actions

Topics   Replies Score Author Latest Post
Property Line Adjustments 0 N. Johnston Hope everyone is doing well and staying busy. Wanted to get feedback from other surveyors about an issue I am sure we all deal with, since 2017. So a property owner wants to quit claim a strip of land in order to clear up an encroachment. I tell them that the survey will need to be reviewed by the applicable city/county before I can sign it. The client or attorney tells me they are not planning to submit the survey. I tell them my only option is to use certification (i) and put a note to the effect of "draft - issued for review...". That is kind of where I am at now. So then what will probably happen is that the attorney will write a deed based off of my "draft" of a survey. So then let's say hypothetically that they come back to me once the deed is recorded and ask me to sign the survey. Now I can technically use certification (iii) for a retracement, since I am following the current deeds of record. Does this scenario sound familiar to anyone? How do you handle situations like these?   Thanks
by N. Johnston
Thursday, May 28, 2020
Video Presentation about Historic Savannah City Maps 1 Farris Cadle, Inc. Thanks, Farris. Very interesting video of Savannah’s history. It also took me to a website regarding the Coastal Jazz Society and a reference to a man who was my mentor in Jazz, Claude Rhea, pianist. Thanks, again. Bill Duggan
by W. Duggan
Sunday, May 17, 2020
Quadra-Tech 1 M. Lincoln Wally Hambrick had another Company I think it was called Hambrick and Associates I believe there were a lot of "Old timers" ran through Quadra-Tech some of them should chime in..
by T. Peay
Saturday, May 16, 2020
Robert S Cleveland records 1 J. Gunnin That is Shane Cleveland. I am not sure if he is still working in the profession. If you will email me at samwalker1@tds.net, I can send you his contract information.
by H. Walker
Wednesday, April 29, 2020
Horlbeck & Associates 0 J. Harbeson Does anyone know how to get plats from Horlbeck & Associates?
by J. Harbeson
Monday, April 13, 2020
Stolen VX DR Plus 0 R. Patten Please be on the look out for a Trimble VX DR Plus Serial Number 93710740. Stolen in the area of Barge Road SW Atlanta GA 30331 <iframe src="https://www.google.com/maps/embed?pb=!1m14!1m8!1m3!1d1178.7951988284308!2d-84.50688844259103!3d33.69022772375903!3m2!1i1024!2i768!4f13.1!3m3!1m2!1s0x88f51dee811fc837%3A0xed9463e128b31b95!2sBarge%20Rd%20SW%2C%20Atlanta%2C%20GA%2030331!5e0!3m2!1sen!2sus!4v1586465455659!5m2!1sen!2sus" width="600" height="450" frameborder="0" style="border:0;" allowfullscreen="" aria-hidden="false" tabindex="0"></iframe>    
by R. Patten
Thursday, April 9, 2020
Small Business Paycheck Protection Program 0 T. Turk Hello Fellow SAMSOG Members: For those of you that have your own firms, I strongly encourage you to investigate the "SBA Paycheck Protection Program" aka "CARES" program being offered by the SBA/Federal Government.  This is in response to the Covid-19 crisis we are all experiencing.  This program will provide your company with a loan to be used for payroll and other expenses.  As long as you use the money specifically for certain uses, including payroll, the loan will be FORGIVABLE.   The Cobb Chamber of Commerce held a seminar on March 31, 2020 providing a great overview of this program.  I encourage you to investigate this if you own and operate a surveying firm!   Here is the link to the informative video (it is long - about 1.5 hours, but very informative).     Link to video... and - here is the link to apply for the loan:  https://home.treasury.gov/cares Be safe out there folks  ~ Trent Turk
by T. Turk
Wednesday, April 1, 2020
Covid-19 - Field work 1 K. Colburn We have already decided no hotels or restaurants so we're packing lunches and driving 6+ hours round trip somedays since we are state wide. We work for municipalities so we are considered essential for infrastructure.
by A. Tomberlin
Sunday, March 22, 2020
National Surveyors Week 0 T. Peay National Surveyors Week
by T. Peay
Tuesday, March 17, 2020
New FEMA Flood Certification Form 1 J. Green The form and instructions are also posted on the SAMSOG website under the "Latest News" tab.
by G. Jones
Monday, March 16, 2020
Mid Atlantic Surveying Co, Inc. 1 M. Chastain searching https://ecorp.sos.ga.gov/BusinessSearch I found that the CEO for Mid Atlantic was Kenneth W. Reese who had previously owned Kenco Engineering. He operated out of Smyrna. Maybe some of the Cobb surveyors know him. Hope that helps.
by S. Payne
Tuesday, February 18, 2020
2020 Techncial Seminar 2 D. Collins Job Well Done. Thanks to all who made it happen.
by D. Yawn
Friday, January 31, 2020
ALTA of apartment complex in 2 weeks? 2 N. Johnston I think it is probably doable. 4-5 days field work and 7-8 days drafting as long as you have a good crew that you can dedicate one or two crews and one or two drafters to that one job for that many days. With drones and field to finish it may even take less time.
by K. Colburn
Saturday, January 25, 2020
2020 SAMSOG/NSPS Plat Contest Announcement 3 R. Purcell Jason: The 2020 SAMSOG Plat Contest Winners are given below: 2020 SAMSOG Plat Contest Winners ALTA Plats 1st Place: Bradley Markham 2nd Place: Matthew Alexander Seiler & Assoc., Inc. Rochester & Associates, Inc. Stockbridge, GA Gainesville, GA Boundary Plats 1st Place: Matthew Alexander 2nd Place: Bradley Markham Rochester & Associates, Inc. Seiler & Assoc., Inc. Gainesville, GA Stockbridge, GA Topographical Plats 1st Place: Shane Rousey 2nd Place: Bradley Markham Donaldson, Garrett & Assoc. Seiler & Assoc., Inc. Macon, GA Stockbridge, GA Subdivision Plats 1st Place: Robyn White 2nd Place: Bradley Markham Patton Land Surveying Seiler & Assoc., Inc. Gainesville, GA Stockbridge, GA Miscellaneous Maps 1st Place: Shane Rousey 2nd Place: Bradley Markham Donaldson, Garrett & Assoc. Seiler & Assoc., Inc. Macon, GA Stockbridge, GA GIS Maps (No entries) Thanks: Roger
by R. Purcell
Thursday, January 23, 2020
Beware of Scammers 1 C. Branscom   If any of this was transacted through the U.S. Postal Service, you can file a mail fraud complaint.  See   https://faq.usps.com/s/article/Mail-Fraud    On one or two occasions when I received something in the mail that appeared to be a scam, I took the mail to the local post office, explained the situation, and they said they would take it from there.  I don't know how aggressive the Postal Service is about such matters.  A person in my home county conducted a theft operation that incidentally used the mail service and in which she stole more than $700,000.  She was prosecuted in federal court on that basis and received 6 years in prison.
by Farris Cadle, Inc.
Sunday, January 12, 2020
Theodore W. Waddle, Sr. - RIP 0 C. Branscom It is with heavy heart to report Theodore W. Waddle, Sr. passed on 12/11/2019. Ga PLS #924 Ga PE #5138, also Past member of The State Board of Professional Engineers and Land Surveyors. Obituary link: https://www.mcculloughfh.com/obituaries/Theodore-W-Ted-Waddle-Sr?obId=9529594#/celebrationWall
by C. Branscom
Wednesday, December 18, 2019
Bobby Shupe 1 D. Collins Bobby was a fine Surveyor and a great man. Rest In Peace.
by D. Yawn
Tuesday, December 17, 2019
Stolen Equipment – Fulton County 0 T. Pruitt, Jr.   One of our crews suffered a theft while working at the Sheltering Arms Obama Academy, 195 Tuskegee Street Southeast, Atlanta, GA, 30315, Fulton County. The Thieves took: Item Type Model Serial Number Total Station Robot Geomax Zoom90 R1 A10 953972 Bluetooth Handle Geomax ZRT82 Zoom90 3184545 Tribrach Leica   1104 Total Station Batteries Geomax ZBA400 11516 Dutch Hill Fiber Glass Legs        
by T. Pruitt, Jr.
Friday, November 15, 2019
On Line Surveying Courses 4 J. Green Thanks, Roger. I forwarded your contact information to him.
by J. Green
Wednesday, November 13, 2019
Hound Dog Magnetic Locator 0 W. Duggan Greetings all. Does anyone have any experience or heard anything good or bad about the Hound Dog Mag. locator offered from Chris Nik, the mag nail folks?
by W. Duggan
Saturday, November 9, 2019
more Calendar

7/16/2020 » 7/18/2020
2020 Annual Meeting and Summer Convention

Contact Us

SAMSOG
P.O. Box 778
Douglasville, GA 30133-0778

TEL 770-947-1767

EMAIL info@samsog.org

Association Management Software Powered by YourMembership  ::  Legal