Community Search
SAMSOG General Discussion
Moderator(s): Ginger W. Jones
| 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
>
>|
Forum Actions

Topics   Replies Score Author Latest Post
2019 Technical Seminar 2 D. Collins Thank YOU Dan for another great technical seminar, and thanks to the executive board for your hard work!
by S. Coleman
Monday, January 21, 2019
Seeking Survey Employment - Attached Resume 0 A. Litten Hello, My name is Amara Litten and I recently moved to Cumming, GA from Connecticut and am looking for full-time work within the field of Surveying.  I worked for 3 years for a Civil Engineering/Land Survey/Land Planning Firm in Connecticut.  The first half of my employment was as an Instrument Person.  After about a year and a half as an Instrument Person, I was given the opportunity to learn AutoCAD and other office tasks, and have about a year and a half of AutoCAD drafting experience. I am currently in the University of Maine's online Surveying Engineering Technology program, and my current GPA is 4.0.  My previous education is a Master of Arts in Greek and Roman Archaeology, and a Bachelor of Arts in Classics.  I discovered and became interested in Land Surveying as a career through my educational and work experiences with it on several archaeological digs.   At this point I am seeking an AutoCAD drafter position, because this is what I was recently working at prior to moving.  However, as an office technician, I was still often called upon to work in the field and therefore am very flexible and can learn skills in both the field and inside drafting if either opportunity is available. I have attached my resume. A goal I have is to become licensed and will do well working with a mentor who can help me in the process of obtaining this goal. Some of my interests within Surveying include Boundary Law and History of Surveying. If anyone knows of any employment which is appropriate for me, or any other advice, please let me know.  Any information is greatly appreciated. Thank you very much! Amara Litten
by A. Litten
Monday, January 7, 2019
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!! 2 S. Coleman Thanks for the reminder of why we do what we do. Merry Christmas, Steve. And Merry Christmas to all those who help make SAMSOG the great organization that it is.
by D. Collins
Monday, December 24, 2018
2019 Plat Contest 1 R. Purcell 2019 Annual Plat and Mapping Competition: Reminder: 2019 Plats are due by 5pm on Monday, January 7th, 2019.  Thanks and have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! Roger Purcell  
by R. Purcell
Friday, December 21, 2018
Greenhorne & Omara 3 M. Lincoln Thanks guys. I did confirm that Stantec got them. One person in their Macon office told me she saw boxes of them go into a dumpster. Someone in the Atlanta office said whatever remains could be somewhere in their many offices in many states. He said he'd look but I never heard back from him.
by M. Lincoln
Wednesday, December 19, 2018
Question for anyone concerning the need for semi-skilled entry level people 1 S. Provenson We are having on going discussions on that very topic. I think it is a great idea and the big question is - How To Get It Started? One obstacle to overcome is - who will teach the classes? Another is - which areas of the state to offer the classes? I support the concept and welcome any ideas on how to make it a reality. We are making efforts in other areas including getting in front of the school guidance counselors and attending high school career days. The most recent being at Jeff Davis High School in Hazlehurst on November 9. All in an effort to educate folks on surveying as a career choice. A career, not just a job.The challenges and headwinds we are facing are monumental. Only by working together to find innovative and creative solutions will we be able to solve our issues.
by D. Collins
Friday, November 16, 2018
Records of East Metro Surveyors 0 D. May Does anyone know who has the records of East Metro Surveyors out of the Conyers area? Thanks, David
by D. May
Thursday, November 15, 2018
Records of Piedmont Land Surveying, Ray Allgood, RLS 1 J. Green My spreadsheet says oglethorpe tax assessor
by C. Branscom
Tuesday, October 30, 2018
Records of Robert S. Mitchell, R.L.S. #1580 2 J. Green Thanks, David!
by J. Green
Monday, October 29, 2018
The case for dropping the hydrology requirement 17 M. Chastain Steve you are absolutely correct. 99% of all business matters are market driven. What we have are a lot of surveyors who suffer from the two things that you touch on : "profit guilt" and "public service". I could go on and on but I don't know that it would help anything. Just know that not all surveyors are in that mindset and I think that economic principles of supply and demand are in the process of correcting this situation, it is just gradual.MEC
by M. Chastain
Monday, October 22, 2018
Stolen Equipment 0 B. Floyd We had a data collector stolen yesterday, 10/8/2018, on Peachtree Circle. It was a brazen theft, with the party chief only 80 feet away. The equipment is a Carlson Surveyor 2 Data Collector, Serial # 174722, purchased in 2016.   Any information, please call Tom Bostwick at 770-552-0804   Thank you   Bruce Floyd  
by B. Floyd
Tuesday, October 9, 2018
Records of Pearson & Associates 2 W. King Thanks David!
by W. King
Tuesday, October 2, 2018
Records of Southern Surveying & Mapping 0 D. May Does anyone know who has the records of Southern Surveying and Mapping Co., Thomas Ginn LS#1549? Thanks, David
by D. May
Tuesday, October 2, 2018
Records of W. R. Franks 1 J. Green Try Franks & Associates out of Jonesboro, GA. David
by D. May
Monday, October 1, 2018
Records of Landmark Surveying and Planning 1 J. Quattlebaum In my records spreadsheet I have that Paul E. Harper with Harper Engineering worked at Landmark.  But I have not verified that info.  If you find out let me know. Hope that helps, David
by D. May
Thursday, September 13, 2018
Records of Benchmark Engineering 0 D. May Does anyone know who has the records of Benchmark Engineering? Thanks, David
by D. May
Friday, August 31, 2018
"The Nutting Plat of The Tripod Property" 5 M. Lincoln Thanks but Josh Lewis, IV found it in their archives.
by M. Lincoln
Sunday, August 26, 2018
Records of Etowah Eng & Surveying 0 D. May Does anyone know who has the records of Etowah Engineering and Surveying?  The number on Google is disconnected. Thanks, David
by D. May
Wednesday, August 15, 2018
Records of Alvin (A.E.) Vaughn 2 M. Chastain It is my understanding that all of these records were destroyed in a fire.
by D. Collins
Monday, August 13, 2018
Records of Vaughn & Drake 1 M. Lincoln Did you get an answer? I'm also looking for their records.
by J. Moeller
Wednesday, August 8, 2018
more Calendar

7/18/2019 » 7/20/2019
2019 Annual Meeting and Summer Convention

Contact Us

SAMSOG
P.O. Box 778
Douglasville, GA30133-0778

TEL77-947-1767

EMAIL info@samsog.org

Association Management Software Powered by YourMembership  ::  Legal