Community Search
Beware of Scammers
Moderator(s): Ginger W. Jones
Thread Score:
Page 1 of 1
Thread Actions

1/8/2020 at 6:45:43 PM GMT
Beware of Scammers
We received an email late last year to do a Boundary Survey of a residential Lot and they wanted to pay in advance and give us $3000 extra for us to send to his architect. Everything about this project had red flags popping up and when we received the check it was a Nationwide check and the client was insisting us to send a certified check to his architect the day we received his check. We told him we would send it once the check clears and low and behold it was a bad check. I just received another email today from a different email address requesting a Boundary Survey of the same address and the same story except he wanted to pay with a credit card and then have me send $3000 to his architect. Just wanted everyone to know, I am sure this is not an isolated occurrence. If the red flags are popping up be very careful.

1/12/2020 at 3:58:17 PM GMT

If any of this was transacted through the U.S. Postal Service, you can file a mail fraud complaint.  See  

https://faq.usps.com/s/article/Mail-Fraud    On one or two occasions when I received something in the mail that appeared to be a scam, I took the mail to the local post office, explained the situation, and they said they would take it from there.  I don't know how aggressive the Postal Service is about such matters.  A person in my home county conducted a theft operation that incidentally used the mail service and in which she stole more than $700,000.  She was prosecuted in federal court on that basis and received 6 years in prison.

Farris Cadle

more Calendar

7/16/2020 » 7/18/2020
2020 Annual Meeting and Summer Convention

Contact Us

SAMSOG
P.O. Box 778
Douglasville, GA 30133-0778

TEL 770-947-1767

EMAIL info@samsog.org

Association Management Software Powered by YourMembership  ::  Legal