Seeking Survey Employment - Attached Resume
Moderator(s): Ginger W. Jones
Thread Score:
Page 1 of 1
Thread Actions

1/7/2019 at 8:20:22 PM GMT
Seeking Survey Employment - Attached Resume

Hello,

My name is Amara Litten and I recently moved to Cumming, GA from Connecticut and am looking for full-time work within the field of Surveying.  I worked for 3 years for a Civil Engineering/Land Survey/Land Planning Firm in Connecticut.  The first half of my employment was as an Instrument Person.  After about a year and a half as an Instrument Person, I was given the opportunity to learn AutoCAD and other office tasks, and have about a year and a half of AutoCAD drafting experience.

I am currently in the University of Maine's online Surveying Engineering Technology program, and my current GPA is 4.0.  My previous education is a Master of Arts in Greek and Roman Archaeology, and a Bachelor of Arts in Classics.  I discovered and became interested in Land Surveying as a career through my educational and work experiences with it on several archaeological digs.  

At this point I am seeking an AutoCAD drafter position, because this is what I was recently working at prior to moving.  However, as an office technician, I was still often called upon to work in the field and therefore am very flexible and can learn skills in both the field and inside drafting if either opportunity is available.

I have attached my resume.

A goal I have is to become licensed and will do well working with a mentor who can help me in the process of obtaining this goal.

Some of my interests within Surveying include Boundary Law and History of Surveying.

If anyone knows of any employment which is appropriate for me, or any other advice, please let me know. 

Any information is greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much!

Amara Litten

Attached Files: 

more Calendar

7/18/2019 » 7/20/2019
2019 Annual Meeting and Summer Convention

1/16/2020 » 1/18/2020
2020 Technical Seminar

Contact Us

SAMSOG
P.O. Box 778