Community Search
Question for anyone concerning the need for semi-skilled entry level people
Moderator(s): Ginger W. Jones
Thread Score:
Page 1 of 1
Thread Actions

11/12/2018 at 9:03:04 PM GMT
Question for anyone concerning the need for semi-skilled entry level people

Is any effort being made on a statewide or even regional level on getting some form of training curriculum at the local community colleges for basic entry level training and exposure to surveying. I'm thinking exposure and basic skills training at a 6 month Certificate Level class to get the basics of what we do would be a step up.

At this point we do not need a 4 year degree or a 2 year degree but we do need people who have some basic skills which to build on.

11/16/2018 at 5:32:12 PM GMT
We are having on going discussions on that very topic. I think it is a great idea and the big question is - How To Get It Started? One obstacle to overcome is - who will teach the classes? Another is - which areas of the state to offer the classes? I support the concept and welcome any ideas on how to make it a reality.

We are making efforts in other areas including getting in front of the school guidance counselors and attending high school career days. The most recent being at Jeff Davis High School in Hazlehurst on November 9. All in an effort to educate folks on surveying as a career choice. A career, not just a job.

The challenges and headwinds we are facing are monumental. Only by working together to find innovative and creative solutions will we be able to solve our issues.

Daniel L Collins, RLS

more Calendar

3/30/2019
Atlanta Chapter Meeting

7/18/2019 » 7/20/2019
2019 Annual Meeting and Summer Convention

Contact Us

SAMSOG
P.O. Box 778
Douglasville, GA30133-0778

TEL77-947-1767

EMAIL info@samsog.org