2019 Technical Seminar

SAMSOG General Discussion
Moderator(s): Ginger W. Jones
| 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
>
>|
Forum Actions

Topics   Replies Score Author Latest Post
Louis Jackson Theft of Services 0 A. Garmon As a member of Samsog, I believe we need to watch each others backs. If a Louis Jackson in Atlanta calls about needing boundary and topo for an engineer, refuse him service unless he pays before you go to the site. Thanks   Louis Jackson 678-763-7950   Tony Garmon
by A. Garmon
Wednesday, April 18, 2018
Jinx Gaskins (Swinson A. Gaskins At RLS 1620) 90th birthday party 0 P. Sanchez Jinx Gaskins (Swinson A. Gaskins At RLS 1620) 90th birthday party April 28th 2:00 pm. 220 Midville Road Brooks Georgia.Live music with Jinx's Classic country music with Jinx as lead vocalist.Come hungry, plenty to eat.
by P. Sanchez
Monday, April 16, 2018
Lum Hall 2 M. Lincoln Thanks Mike. I'll email the details.
by M. Lincoln
Monday, April 9, 2018
"The Judicial Functions of Surveyors" 5 M. Lincoln Mark, Thank you for reminding me to re-re-re read this. We all need to read this and Riley vs. Griffin every few years.
by M. Davis
Friday, April 6, 2018
Recording plats prepared before 5-8-17 2 S. Coleman Thank you Lord for common sense! And thank you for looking out for us.
by S. Coleman
Wednesday, April 4, 2018
Legal Question 2 k. manley Well said P. Roberts, I think it's pretty plain. Like a lot of questions, all it requires is for surveyors to know the laws that regulate our profession, which we are all required to do!Thanks
by M. Chastain
Friday, March 30, 2018
SB 425 1 S. Coleman passed the Senate last night, now headed to Governor Deal for signature. If signed, effective date is July 1, 2018 with a 2 year grandfathering option for the current requirements for those in that pipeline.
by M. Chastain
Friday, March 30, 2018
Looking for HP Plotter 0 S. Coleman I need to replace my HP 500 plotter to print my older plats, but I need a parallel cable connection at the plotter, not usb. Does anyone have one they are not using and willing to sell?  Thanks!
by S. Coleman
Wednesday, February 28, 2018
HB833 0 J. Stanley I was very disappointed to find out the GIS Community has been able to throw out the "tweaked" definition of land surveying according to the most recent SAMSOG email update.  How does an unlicensed community have the power to change a bill that is intended for the "licensed" people in the State of Georgia?  I am baffled.  Any comments or updates regarding the new bill would be appreciated.  So..... now what do we do?
by J. Stanley
Thursday, February 15, 2018
2018 SUmmer Conference 2 C. Adams Thank you sir!
by C. Adams
Friday, January 26, 2018
Fundraiser - Georgia Southern University 0 D. Collins At the May 20, 2017 SAMSOG Board of Directors meeting, Dr. Roger Purcell presented a plan to implement a Land Surveying program at Georgia Southern University which included a $75,000 investment over a 3 year period (2017 thru 2019) by SAMSOG.   The investment was approved by the SAMSOG Board and on November 2, 2017, the first installment of $25,000 was presented to GSU. Finding qualified individuals to work in the Land Survey profession is a challenge facing most of us and if you have not struggled yet, you likely will in the near future.  With your help, SAMSOG has the opportunity to affect real change in the Land Survey Profession.  By investing in the education of students, we can assist in the production of the qualified individuals we seek.  Please consider donating what you can either individually or corporately so we can reach our next $25,000 commitment.  No donation is too small and remember as corny as it sounds “TEAMWORK MAKES THE DREAM WORK” and together we can make this happen. If you are ready to except the challenge and improve the Surveying Profession, simply complete the tear off portion below and give it to any SAMSOG Officer or Ginger Jones.  All donations will be collected through SAMSEF.  Simply make your check payable to SAMSEF and on the memo line include - GSU donation. SAMSEF is a 501c(3) corporation therefore all donations are tax deductible. Thank you for your help! Dan Collins President - SAMSOG YES, I want to pledge my support of the Land Surveying Profession by donating to Georgia Southern University. Name:_________________________________  Company: ___________________________ Address: ___________________________________________________________________ Email: ___________________________________Phone:_____________________________ Amount $____________ Checks made payable to SAMSEF. Your contribution is tax-deductible (ID 46-4482223) to the extent allowed by law.  All donations are final and may not be refunded. 
by D. Collins
Wednesday, January 24, 2018
Career Day Information 0 D. Collins On November 7-9, Ginger and I represented SAMSOG at the Georgia School Counselors Association Conference. This is part of SAMSOG’s push to reintroduce land surveying to school counselors. The goal is to inform the counselors about the excellent opportunities that are available for students if they choose land surveying as a career choice. Our information was well received, and we had numerous requests from schools across the state for us to participate in career days. We have a short video, handouts, items to give away, and other material available to help with this effort. We need your help with this. If you are interested in presenting on a career day, please let Ginger or myself know. 
by D. Collins
Tuesday, January 23, 2018
J. A. Evans Records 3 J. Higgins I'm glad to report that Mr. Evans was found alive and well. :)
by J. Higgins
Monday, January 22, 2018
Proposed Title 43, Chapter 15 Changes 0 R. Purcell Will someone involved in the Proposed Changes to Title 43, Chapter 15 please start a discussion post??? It seems that a lot of the items being discussed are of extreme importance. Thanks: Roger Purcell
by R. Purcell
Monday, January 22, 2018
2018 Technical Seminar 0 D. Collins A big thank you to all who participated to help make the meeting a success.
by D. Collins
Sunday, January 21, 2018
NGS Website Down? 1 B. Freeman Nevermind... IT thing.
by B. Freeman
Wednesday, December 27, 2017
Merry Christmas 0 D. Collins Wishing everyone a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
by D. Collins
Saturday, December 23, 2017
The case for dropping the hydrology requirement 15 M. Chastain Does anyone know of a board approved online hydrology course in the Georgia university system?
by J. Morales
Thursday, December 14, 2017
Current Surveying Education Opportunities 2 S. Coleman I should add, check with the State Board before pursuing any course of study to meet the educational requirements, to make sure it will approve it.
by Farris Cadle, Inc.
Wednesday, December 13, 2017
2018 SAMSOG/NSPS Plat Contest Announcement 3 R. Purcell Farris: I will attempt to post the winning plats as requested. Steven: Thanks for your comments. I feel the same way. Roger Purcell
by R. Purcell
Wednesday, December 13, 2017
Sign In
Sign In securely

Sustaining Members