7/19/2018 » 7/21/2018
2018 ANNUAL MEETING & SUMMER CONVENTION

A message from your President
Thread Score:
Page 1 of 1
Thread Actions

8/3/2017 at 4:34:06 PM GMT
A message from your President
Just a quick note to let everyone know that I am looking forward to my term as your President.

My “platform” will be to focus on three areas. Participation, Legislative, and Schools……PLS….

(P) – Get more members in SAMSOG and get the membership more involved.
(L) – Move toward removing hydrology from the educational and testing requirements for licensure. Also, front and center is redefining the definition of land surveying with the idea of better protecting our turf and not allowing unlicensed folks to offer services that need to be provided by professional land surveyors.
(S) – We must get into the high schools and get an audience with the career counselors. We need to make sure they understand that surveying is a great career choice, both for those wishing to go to college and those wishing to go straight to the work force. SAMSOG will be attending the high school counselor conference in November and will distribute informational pamphlets and DVD’s detailing the benefits of a land surveying career.

Again, I am looking forward to serving as your President and please feel free to contact me if needed.

Best Regards,

Dan Collins
President – SAMSOG
678.488.9514 (cell)
dan.collins@land.engineering (work)
daniel524@bellsouth.net (home)

Daniel L Collins, RLS

8/10/2017 at 4:32:18 PM GMT
The "PLS" idea is great. Let me know if you want me to help out with our local schools. And maybe I will start showing up for chapter meetings for a change. Anything else I can do to help you, just let me know.

Sign In
Sign In securely

Sustaining Members