7/19/2018 » 7/21/2018
2018 ANNUAL MEETING & SUMMER CONVENTION

Mule Bone?
Thread Score:
Page 1 of 1
Thread Actions

5/7/2017 at 3:08:23 PM GMT
Mule Bone?

While researching adjoiners I came across a recorded plat in Newton county which is available on the GSCCCA website -- plat book 45, page 101, recorded in 2006.  The first thing that caught my eye was the corner in the middle of the tract which is labeled "mule bone".   Now, I haven't yet made my survey, and I can't say whether or not there is actually a mule bone at the corner, but given the fact that this so-called survey was stamped and signed by Terrell J. Cash, R.L.S. No. 5885, I have my doubts, since according the the Secretary of State's web-site there was never a license of any kind issued to Mr. Cash.

I've seen unstamped plats recorded by unlicensed individuals, but this is the first time I seen a made-up stamp with a made-up number.  If you come across a mule bone corner with a No. 5885 cap -- beware.

Mark Lincoln

5/7/2017 at 4:02:01 PM GMT
State Board should investigate and notify property owner of invalid plat.

5/8/2017 at 8:23:13 PM GMT
Please file a complaint with the Board. No action can happen until a complaint is filed.

Daniel L Collins, RLS

5/9/2017 at 12:21:07 AM GMT
If this person had no license what jurisdiction would the Board have? Wouldn't it be the job of the district attorney?

Mark Lincoln

5/10/2017 at 11:11:07 PM GMT
It would most likely be fraud, a criminal offense and a crime against the client. The board has very limited jurisdiction or authority when it comes to unlicensed people. Often what the board will do is investigate it and turn the file over to the local DA, who would otherwise usually have no idea what to do with a surveying matter.

5/18/2017 at 6:11:11 PM GMT
Does this plat by Terrell J. Cash otherwise conform to the technical standards?  I have, on occasion, seen recorded plats or drawings signed and sealed by Georgia registered engineers and landscape architects who were not registered surveyors, and recorded plats in Georgia that depicted land in Georgia that were signed and sealed by people licensed in other states but not in Georgia.  Does the seal and other information on this plat specifically indicate he is a Georgia registered surveyor?  What is his address as given on the plat?  Have you seen other plats with this person's name on them?  If this plat is illegal or fraudulent, you might also notify the landowner, the attorney who prepared deeds based on it, and the clerk of court.

Farris Cadle

Sign In
Sign In securely

Sustaining Members