7/19/2018 » 7/21/2018
2018 ANNUAL MEETING & SUMMER CONVENTION

How to file a plat with your Clerk's office from your computer
Thread Score:
Page 1 of 1
Thread Actions

1/6/2017 at 11:41:26 PM GMT
How to file a plat with your Clerk's office from your computer

The following is from my experience in recording a plat in Monroe County earlier this week.  I made sure I followed the suggestions of SAMSOG shown on the sample plat, reviewed the new Plat Act and proposed rules from the board, and then had the county sign the plat  that approval was not required in this particular case.

To get set up to record plats from your computer with a county Superior Court Clerk:

1) Go to GSCCCA.org and sign in (or open an account); click on "File", then "Efiling", then "eFile Portal".
2) At the eFile portal screen, go to "Start Here" to register for an account for efiling.
3) After registering, go to menu item labeled "Support" and click on "Associate Participant ID" and read the instructions.  You have to register again to get a "Participant ID" which allows you to file a plat.  (I signed up as a "Trusted User").
4) After you have your Participant ID, you are ready to record a plat.

To Record a Plat:

1) Go to the "eFile Portal" and sign in.
2) Click on "Filings" then on "New Filing" to begin
3) Follow the instructions to upload your plat and pay the fees; plat will be sent to the Clerk of that county to review.
4) You will receive an email that the plat is under review, when the clerk approves your plat for recording, you will receive an email stating your plat was accepted and the Plat Book and Page it was recorded in.

You're done!

I hope I have outlined the procedure correctly, but I'm sure if I have something wrong that you can figure it out.  If I did it from scratch I know anyone else can. 

Sign In
Sign In securely

Sustaining Members