7/19/2018 » 7/21/2018
2018 ANNUAL MEETING & SUMMER CONVENTION

Original lines, conditional lines, etc.
Thread Score:
Page 1 of 1
Thread Actions

8/11/2015 at 1:40:21 PM GMT
Original lines, conditional lines, etc.

I've posed this question before and have done a lot of checking, but have not found an answer.  In deed descriptions in extreme north Georgia and in states north of there, the terms "original line," "conditional line," "original corner," and "conditional corner," are often used.  From the context, an original line is a boundary created by the original public land survey, such as a land lot line.  An original corner is a corner established by the original public land survey, such as a land lot corner.  A conditional line is a boundary that was created later that is not a boundary created by the original public land survey.  A conditional corner is a property corner that was created later that is not a corner established by the original public land survey.  My question is what is the derivation of the term "conditional" in this context?  Why is it applied in this type of situation?

I've seen these terms used only in deeds in the part of Georgia generally north of Atlanta, and in Tennessee and Kentucky, and they are fairly common in those areas.  I've never seen them used in deeds south of that area.  I've wondered why they caught on there and not in other areas?

Thanks.

Farris Cadle

Sign In
Sign In securely

Sustaining Members